Social Translate Setup
After installing Social Translate in your organisation, by default records and posts will be translated to the users language that is selected in the Personal Information.
To add additional languages to your organisation and specify exact fields that you want to be translated, please follow the guide below.
How to add Home Page Component on the Home Page Layout.
Learn how to add the home page component to the sidebar for most all of your Salesforce tabs.
1. Go to Setup.
2. In the quick find menu search for Home Page Layout.
3. Click Edit DE Default.
4. Select Social Translation checkbox.
5. Move Social Translation to the top and click Save.
How to enable Custom Sidebar Components on all pages.
1. Go to Setup.
2. In the quick find menu search for User Interface.
3. Select Show Custom Sidebar Components onAll Pages checkbox and click Save.
How to add multiple languages to you Sidebar Component.
1. Go to Translation Language object.
2. Click "New". Select Language you want to add to your organisation, specify if it is a Default Language or Auto Translate and add Language Code. After that's done, press "Save".
3. Now in the Translation Language object you will be able to see your newly added language.
How to translate only specified fields on your Records.
By default, if non of the fields will be added in the Translation Object, Social Translate will translate all the record fields to the users native language. If you are looking to allow users to translate only specific fields, than follow this step-by-step guide on how to add fields to Translation Object.
1. Go to Translation Object.
2. Click New and enter Object Name for specific field specification.
3. Click New Translation Field.
4. To add Standard Fields, enter field - Field Name.
4. To add Custom Fields, enter - API Name.
5. Click Save.
6. Continue using this method, to add all necessary fields.